This is my contribution to Barbara Franken’s A True Selection of Awakening Experiences Part III. Thank you, Barbara for including me!
The most dramatic changes I have experienced during my spiritual journey during the past seven years involved letting go. This process of letting go forced me to give up my past expectations, and the familiar patterns to become the person I am today.
My life began as child moving from relative to relative until I was eight years old. When I finally united with my parents, I was sexually, physically, and emotionally abused. During most of my childhood, I suffered post traumatic stress disorder, depression, and anxiety. As a young adult, I wanted to end my life many times.
I began psychotherapy in college as I was involved with men who physically, sexually and emotionally abused and assaulted me that was similar to my family dynamic. I realized then that something was terribly wrong in my life.
In March, 2011, my Kundalini energy rose during a meditation session that caused utter chaos and confusion in my life as I never heard of Kundalini and was not particularly spiritual or religious. Thus, began my spiritual journey that transformed my life and soul path. I left my career to work with college students who have experienced sexual assault, domestic/dating violence, stalking, and sexual harassment. I left my marriage that was not serving or understood my higher path and calling.
When I arrived at these colleges to work with college students, dramatic shifts began to take place there. Suddenly, Presidents were fired, Vice Presidents left, and high level administrators were terminated. In all these situations, I had no authority to remove or terminate them, but events began to occur around me and around the work I was doing.
Now, I am evolving to a third phase of my transformation in my life and soul path. I have been told that I am coming to the end of the second phase of my evolution. It is now time for me to share my professional and spiritual knowledge as I will assume the role of teacher/educator, and pass the direct service work with college students to the next generation. However, in order for me to evolve to this third phase, I must continue to let go.
My post today is to share with you the art of letting go. This is how I accomplish this:
- Set the intention that you want to evolve and move forward to the next phase of your life and soul path.
- Fear will begin to surface, and you may vacillate in your decision to move forward.
- Begin to change expectations that are old patterns. These expectations involve what you expect of yourself and others around you.
- Begin to let go of control and expectations of outcome, and allow the Infinite to guide you. Everything will turn out exactly as it is intended and best for you.
- As you proceed in this letting go, fear will repeatedly speak to you through your ego. You may hear that you will fail, it is too risky, and you have no guarantees. This will soon pass. Work through these fears by using Observing Ego Practice, an exercise that I use and share on my blog, Awakening Journey.
- Begin to change your behavior by actively preparing and moving toward your new intentions and ventures. Since I want to teach and educate others, I am seeking opportunities in this area and working very hard everyday toward this.
- Genuinely accept yourself and those things that you cannot control.
- Imagine in your mind of being successful in this new venture or life and feeling accomplished and happy. This will help you manifest this new future. Finally, live this life you have imagined.
May you let go of old patterns and evolve to the soul that you are meant to be. (Copyright 2018 Awakening Journey with All Rights Reserved)