During these past few months, I have been confronted with some deep seeded distrust as a result of my childhood abuse by and a philandering father. As an adult, I attracted men like my father into my life causing more emotional injury and trauma to my life. This has translated into distrust of men that is deeply ingrained within me. These past emotional injuries resulted in deep blockages within my sacral and heart chakras. In my attempts to unblock these chakras, I have tried the following methods:
- Letting go what you can’t control and letting go of past emotions and behaviors through intention, belief, and actions
- Awareness of triggering thoughts, events, and statements by simply observing them without reaction
- Acknowledge your fears through stating them out loud or writing them down
- Forgive yourself and others for past mistakes and failures by accepting your past
- Learning to love yourself through self care, setting healthy boundaries with others, and nurturing yourself
At the root of distrust is the lack of self love and fear. When we fear betrayal and being hurt again, we have not forgiven ourselves and others for injuring us. We have not learned to love ourselves through setting clear and healthy boundaries with others, and taking responsibility for and control of our actions that are forms of self love.
When we learn to let go of the past through clear intentions that we no longer want certain emotions and behaviors in our lives, we follow up with the belief that we can and will change them, then follow through with consistent change in our actions. Good luck with healing your past emotional pain. (Copyright 2017 with All Rights Reserved)